Market Umbrella is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3), based in New Orleans, whose mission is to cultivate the field of public markets for public good. Market Umbrella has operated the Crescent City Farmers Markets (CCFM) since 1995.
Thank you for your interest in the Crescent City Farmers Market. Prospective vendors must submit an application demonstrating that they meet specific inclusion criteria. Please review the basic rules and application process outlined below. Note that there is a $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- CCFM is a producer only market; only vendors who grow plants or edibles or who produce their own food-based products are invited to sell. The resale of others’ products is not permitted at CCFM.
- Crafts and non-food items (other than plants) are not sold at CCFM. *Some very limited exceptions apply depending on market location and services/products offered.
- Prepared foods should, as much as possible, contain locally sourced ingredients and reflect our region and culture, and must conform with all food safety/legal requirements.
- We promote healthful eating. While we try to cultivate a broad product mix, priority is given to vendors selling healthful foods.
- We place a priority on prospective vendors who: are underrepresented business owners, are small, start-up businesses, provide foods that are culturally significant to New Orleans and/or Louisiana, produce culturally significant products from a diversity of cultures, and/or prioritize using local ingredients.
- Discrimination, harassment, and inappropriate behavior in the markets will not be tolerated. Violations of our Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, which can include permanent removal from the market.
- Adhere to food-safety guidelines, applicable laws and regulations.
- Sign and comply with the CCFM social contract and adhere to the CCFM rules and regulations
- Honor all purchase options at the market and abide by our token and special programs policies
- Carry at least a $1 million product and general liability insurance policy and list Market Umbrella as named insured
- Pay a $25 nonrefundable application fee at the time of your scheduled market visit.
- Expect a site visit to the farm or production facility to ensure integrity of product.
CCFM reviews all applications and reserves the right to determine whether the prospective products complement those otherwise available at the market, maintain the desired ratio of product types, and satisfy other considerations that affect the larger market community. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at (504) 861-4488 if you have any questions or concerns.
The Crescent City Farmers Market operates weekly year-round throughout New Orleans. The CCFM hosts nearly 60 local small farmers, fishers, and food producers, and more than 150,000 shoppers annually.